Kedarnath and Tungnath
About Kedarnath & Tungnath Temple
Kedarnath is a holy Hindu town located in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand in India. Kedarnath is situated at an astonishing height of 3584 meters above sea level near the head of Mandakini River. The Kedarnath temple lies amidst the majestic snow-capped Garhwal Himalayan ranges. There is a famous Hindu Mytholoagy related to the origin of Kedarnath Temple, which states that after the Mahabharata war, The Pandavas went on an anonymous journey to beg mercy from Lord Shiva, After failing multiple times, Bhima was able to find Lord Shiva, who had incarnated as bull to hide from the Pandavas. Bhima tried to catch it and hit its mace. The injured bull then immersed in the earth and its body parts appeared indifferent places. it is believed that the hind part of the bull appeared at Kedarnarh, from which a "Jyotirlinga" or Light flickered and Lord Shiva appeared in his Divine Avtar. Tungnath - Highest Temple of Lord Shiva, Tungnath peacefully adorned on the Chandranath Parvat is the highest Shiva temple in the world and the highest Panch Kedar temple of Uttarakhand. It is the third (Tritiya Kedar) in the pecking order of the Panch Kedars. Tungnath is perched at an elevation of 3, 680 metres above sea level and is considered to be more than 1,000 years old.
- Haridwar : The Place Known as the gateway of God's of Devbhoomi Uttarakhand & one of the seven most holy places in Inda
- Rishikesh : The Place which gives you both spiritual and adventurous atmosphere, which is known as Yoga capital also
- Tungnath : world Highest Shiv Temple, Also Comes In Third Panch Kedar Nandadevi, Neelkanth ,Chaukhamba Peaks are Visible from There Tungnath
- Chandrashilla : Is the summit above Tungnath temple. It literally means "Moon Rock".
- Rudraprayag : The Phenomenal 'Sangam' of the two holy rivers Alaknanda and Mandakini Rudraprayag
- DhariDevi Temple : situated at Ukhimath, in the Rudraprayag district. the temple serves as the winter abode for the deity of Kedarnath Shrine. In the winter season
- OMKARESHWAR TEMPLE : who come to take a dip in it. It is believed that taking a dip in the holy water of the pond will make a person pure.
- Kedarnath : Home of Lord Shiva, Highest among 12 Jyotirlingas, Comes under in first Panch Kedar, at Altitude (11,657ft).
- Camping tent stay at Chopta & Rishikesh,
- Accommodation Hotel Stay at Phata, Ukhimath & Kedarnath Temple.
- Accommodation on Triple or Quad Sharing. Five Sharing in Kedarnath
- All meals - Vegetarian
- Campfire at the campsite (if available)
- Trekking permits and forest charges
- Safety equipment (First aid, medical kit, etc)
- Services of an expert Local Uttarkahandi Trek leader.
- Achievement Certificate Memories for Life Time
- Transport Delhi (Akshar Dham) & Return Delhi (Akshar Dham)
- 5 % GST ( ServiceTax)
- Food during Traveling
- Backpack offloading charges additional
- Personal Expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- 30 % total program cost should be deposited in advance for bookings.
- Balance payment should be made bfore starting trek,
- The amount paid once is not transferable to any other program/tour or to any other service.
- No refund shall be made if participants drop/terminate from program at any point due to any reason
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The last date of the booking will be closed 10 days prior
- Payment to be made by Bank transfer / Cheque/DD in favor of (SKYHIKE LLP)
- Skyhike has all the rights to change the itinerary without any prior notice depending upon any unavoidable circumstances like Bad weather Condition, Govt. Restrictions Land Slide or any natural phenomena
PROTECT YOUR HEAD
- UV SUNGLASSES 1 Nos. Caps - 2 Nos. (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woolen Cap)
- Balaclava - 1 Nos.
- BackPack & Rain Cover (50-60 liter)
- Day Pack & Rain Cover ( 20-30 Liter, if you hire mule or porter)
- A couple of water bottles ( Avoid Bisleri Bottle)
- Hiking Shoes (Should be waterproof and ankle support)
- Torch (With Extra Batteries)
- Glucose, Chocolates, Biscuits, and nuts
- Personal Medical Kit ( If you required)
- Orignal ID Card
- Trek Pants- 2Nos (Avid, Shorts, Capri, Fitting Denims)
- T-Shirts 4 Nos (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- Sweater - 2 Nos. (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Jacket- 2 Nos. ( 1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Thermal Wear- 1 Nos. Gloves- 2 Nos. (1 Woolen, 1 Waterproof)
- Socks-5Nos, ( 3 Cotton,2 Woolen)
- Warm inner wears.
- Raincoats/Poncho-1 Nos.
- Handkerchief/towels- 1 Nos,
- Slippers - 1 Nos,
- Sunscreen cream,
- Body Lotion,
- Lip Balm,
- Toilet Paper Wipes,
- Tooth Brush Paste,
- Quick Dry Towel,
Boarding at delhi and drive to chopta (drive 234 Km)
Rishikesh - Chopta drive (205 Km)
Chopta - Tungnath - Chandrashilla Trek (5 Km Trek) night stay at Phata (drive 55 Km)
Gauri Kund, and starts trk towards Kedarnath Temple (Trek - 21 Km) & (Drive - 20 Km)
Trek back to Gauri Kund, send your rest of the day to Ukhimath (Drive - 40Km)
Ukhimath - Rishikesh (Drive - 177Km)
Rishikesh - drive back to Delhi (Drive - 230 Km)
Day 0 Boarding at delhi and drive to chopta (drive 234 Km)
Reporting venue is akshradham metro station, Assemble at the boarding point by 10am and start your night journey toward rishikesh.
Day 1 Rishikesh - Chopta drive (205 Km)
The morning will arrive in rishikesh, Pitstop in rishikesh in the morning from there continues the journey towards chopta via devprayag, dharidevi, rudraprayag, in the evening we will reach in chopta.
Day 2 Chopta - Tungnath - Chandrashilla Trek (5 Km Trek) night stay at Phata (drive 55 Km)
Wake up early in the morning and get ready for the trek. After breakfast head towards Tungnath Chandrashilla Trek, The highest Shiv Temple in the world, reach Tungnath after trkking 5km on the snowy mountains & pay your respect at the highest abode of lord shiva, After that will trek ahead to chandrashilla peak. Come back to the campsite by noon, and drive towards Phata, arrival at Sonprayag in the night . Meals : Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 Gauri Kund, and starts trk towards Kedarnath Temple (Trek - 21 Km) & (Drive - 20 Km)
We start early morning from Phata and drive towards Gaurikund, Rejuvenate yourself by taking bath in the holy bathwater spring (Gaurikund) after that from Gaurikund our actual treks begin which is approximately 21 Km to kedarnath temple. This is a steep climb where we will walk hundreds of pilgrimage from all over india, we will reach the Kedarnath temple by evening, in the evening aarti at the temple. Night stays in the near Kedarnath temple. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4 Trek back to Gauri Kund, send your rest of the day to Ukhimath (Drive - 40Km)
Wake up in the midset of the divine beauty; witness the beautiful golden rays of the rising sun falling on the Kedarnath temple, after having breakfast, we explore Bhairavnath Temple near by Kedarnath Temple, then trek back to Gaurikund, Drive to Ukhimath. Overnight stay at sonprayag. Meals : Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5 Ukhimath - Rishikesh (Drive - 177Km)
Early morning breakfast, then we will take darshan and explore Omkareshwar temple in Ukhimath (winter home of Kedarnath) then drive to Rishikesh from Sonprayag (Drive 208Km). Reach around Rishikesh in the evening,vstay in swiss tents at Shivpuri Rishikesh. Group activities, Music, Bonfire Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 6 Rishikesh - drive back to Delhi (Drive - 230 Km)
Enjoy a natural swimming pool session if you want. After some time we will move towards river rafting point, Enjoy river rafting if you want to do it (Not include in the package). After rafting spend your day near Laxman jhula, Ganga arti at Laxman jhula. We must pack our bags back to Delhi. The journey is truly soul-evoking and reviving. The return trip to Delhi must end at 11 pm (If traffic and all situation are good) in the Akshardgam metro station. Meals: Breakfast)
Have Any Question?
Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information. Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope the above is useful
+91 83958 32222