5 Days 4 Nights
Easy To Moderate
At 12,500 ft. Kedarkantha peak stands beautifully on the Himalayan ranges. Being born In the arms of Govind wildlife sanctuary, Uttarkashi, KedarKantha is blessed with alluring flora and fauna, making the trek more mesmerizing.
Only a mountain lover, can hear a mountain speak, and when one reaches the summit, the alpine peak, says,” I will show you the finest sunrise of your life”, and indeed it does. But, the summit climb is as delightful as the peak.
When, At 2:30 midnight, With little moonlight, Groups march to conquer shine, There is fear, There is hope, When after a tussle, comes victory, Every heart smiles,
It is then The mountain, Feels like heaven, feels like home.
This trek is often mistaken as Kedarnath temple, though the locals also associate a little shiva tale with it.
It is believed that Lord Shiva had chosen Kedar Kantha as his point of meditation, and had to then move to Kedarnath when disturbed. So, the peak has a small incomplete Shiv temple also. Thus, whether the story is fiction or nonfiction is still hard to say. It is an all-season trek. The best time is the months between December and April. Also, Kedar Kantha is considered the best beginner’s trek in India.
- Accommodation During the trek.
- All Meals Veg (Organic Mountain Food).
- Campfire at Campsite if (Available)
- Trekking Permit & Forest Camping Charges
- Safety Equipment (First Aid, Medical Kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Etc.)
- Service of an expert trek leader
- Service of an expert trek team (Guides, Cooks, helpers, porters, mules)
- Achievement Certificate
- Memories for a lifetime
5% GST Service tax.
Food during traveling from (Dehradun to Sankri & Return)
Backpack offloading charges addition (Rs. 150/ Per Day/ Per Bag)
Personal expenses of any kind.
Anything apart from the inclusion.
- Backpack & Rain Cover (50-6literre)
- Day Pack & Rain Cover (2literlitre, If you a hire mule or porter)
- Milton Thermos (1ltr) (Avoid Bisleri Bottles)
- Hiking Shoes waterproofwater proof and with ankle support)
- Torch (With extra batteries)
- Glucose, ORS, Chocolates, biscuits, and dry fruits
- Personal Medical kit (If required)
- Original ID Card
- Trek Pants – 2 Nos. (Avoid Jeans, Shorts, Capri, Fitting Denims)
- T-shirts – 4 Nos. (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- Sweater – 2 Nos. (1 Fleece, 1 Woolen)
- Jacket – 2 Nos. (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Thermal Wear – 1 Nos.
- Gloves – 2 Nos. (1 Woolen, 1 Waterproof)
- Socks – 5 Nos. (3 Cotton, 2 Woolen)
- Warm Inner-wears
- Rain Coat / Poncho – 1 Nos.
- Handkerchief/towels – 1 Nos.
- Slippers – 1 Nos.
PROTECT YOUR FACE & HEAD
- UV sunglasses – 1 Nos.
- Caps – 2 Nos. (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woolen Cap)
- Balaclava – 1 Nos.
- Sunscreen Cream
- Body Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Toilet Paper & Wipes
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Quick Dry Towel
- Books (If you like reading)
- Music Instruments (Guitar, Flute)
TIPS TO MAKE THIS TRIP MEMORABLE:
- a) Appreciate Nature for everything it presents you
- b) Temporarily leave behind the comforts of city life
- c) Utilize the silence to search for answers within
- d) See the beauty in physical hardship and endure the vagaries of nature
- e) Connect with your inner voice
- f) Take a break from the connectivity of Social Media
TIPS TO MAKE THIS TRIP PLEASANT:
- a) Carry all the items mentioned in the list provided by SkyHikes.
- b) Begin some fitness exercises about a month before the trek. Use stairs in
- place of Elevators
- d) Be polite to everyone including the villagers, shop keeper and vehicle
- e) Carry loose change, so that you can pay the shopkeepers the exact
- f) Be on Time and don't keep people waiting for you.
- g) Apologize if you have caused any inconvenience to others.
Day 1 : Dehradun to Sankri
Day 2: Sankri to Juda Ka Talab
Day 3: Juda-ka-talab to Kedarkantha Base camp
Day 4: The KedarKantha Summit and return to Juda-ka-Talab
Day 5: Juda to Sankri
Day 1 Day 1 : Dehradun to Sankri
At 7:00 am our team greets the trekkers at Dehradun railway station. It is a nine-hour drive from Dehradun to Sankri, one crosses charming Mussoorie, and also witnesses a glimpse of River Yamuna. The route covers small, remote mid-way villages, showing how pleasing Uttrakhand is with every passing kilometer. After crossing Purola, we enter into a non-network zone, as it is rightly said,” The less you live online, the more you live on life. On reaching Sankri, we’ll take a night rest and prepare our body and mind for the morning climb.
Day 2 Day 2: Sankri to Juda Ka Talab
After having a wholesome breakfast, hiking gear and instructions will be provided. Also, make sure your luggage is not very heavy, or else it will just spoil your climb. One can also hire porters and mules, in case they are tired. We will then start our climb to our first destination that is Juda-ka- Talab, a frozen lake. It is a 4-hour moderate climb, mostly forest. We will take a night halt after reaching Juda. Under a stary sky, in tents, with a campfire on one side, and strangers on the other, Juda gives stories for a lifetime.
Day 3 Day 3: Juda-ka-talab to Kedarkantha Base camp
We will leave for the base camp post breakfast and will reach around the afternoon. It will be a different day for all the trekkers. We will be passing through lush, rich flora and then leave behind those towering trees and will reach an altitude that will be all covered in snow. Here, gaiters will be lent to the trekkers, which will make walking in snow easier. There are small food joints where one can giggle, eat, or just sip a tea and just enjoy the time they are in. When we will finally reach the base camp, at this point one will espy the Kedarkantha summit for the first time, and it is breathtaking.
Day 4 Day 4: The KedarKantha Summit and return to Juda-ka-Talab
This will be a quite strenuous day. Around 2:30 at midnight, we will start mounting the peak. Overall it is just a 3-4 hour trek but the steep and snow-covered route makes it laborious. There are various routes and we will pick the best as per the weather conditions. We will reach the summit at sunrise, and here you will see the finest sunrise of your life and that’s a promise!. One will also spot Yumnotri, Gangotri, and Kinner Kailash Ranges from the peak. The temperature at the top is very low so you can be there only for some time. After adoring the peak and regaining the strength we will head back to base camp first, collect our luggage, and move to Juda-ka-Talab for a night stay.
Day 5 Day 5: Juda to Sankri
After having breakfast we will trek back to Sankri, seeing off Kedarkantha. With the experience of the summit, no trekker will be now a beginner. We will reach Sankri by afternoon, the trekkers can relax for a couple of hours as we will be then traveling to Dehradun again. All Types of equipment will be returned here if damaged the cost will be borne by the trekker. Our team assures that it will escort every trekker to Dehradun safely.
Have Any Question?
Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information. Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope the above is useful
+91 83958 32222
Easy To Moderate
Moderate To Difficult
Easy To Moderate
Easy To Moderate